We want your MOTI timepiece to last you a lifetime so we’ve assembled some tips to protect its appearance and ensure its reliability.
We suggest cleaning your watch using a clean, lint-free cloth and a small amount of warm water. For stubborn dirt a mild detergent diluted in water can be applied and then rinsed off. To clean the lens, use a clean chamois or camera lens cleaning cloth. Try to avoid submerging the case under water, if possible.
The battery in your MOTI watch is a No. 364 cell, which has an expected lifespan of 40 months, but your range may vary and itâ€™s life is not guaranteed. To replace the battery start by simply unscrewing the 4 slotted screws from the back of the watch using a small screwdriver. Once the case back has been removed the battery will be visible and it can be pulled out and replaced.
All MOTI timepieces are designed to withstand daily use and are rated at 5ATM of water resistance. This means that this watch has been tested to withstand being in water at depths of up to 50 meters although we donâ€™t recommend swimming or showering with any of our products. Exposure to moisture, high humidity and rain showers are acceptable. A general rule of thumb is that this watch is fine getting wet but we donâ€™t suggest showering, swimming or diving with it and would advise you against taking it into any areas where water pressure and high heat are present (e.g. sauna, hot tubs).
A few things to keep in mind:
- Do not place this watch in water while the crown is pulled out. (The crown is the small pin that is used to change the time)
- Do not pull out the crown or turn it while the watch is wet.
- If your watch gets exposed to seawater be sure to give it a quick clean using fresh water and a soft cloth.
- Avoid placing this watch directly under running water. The pressure from the running water could jeopardize the seals and water could potentially enter the watch.
- Although we rate all of our watches at 50 meters of water resistance, this doesnâ€™t make the watch waterproof. We recommend trying to keep all of our pieces out of water if at all possible.
- If your timepiece experiences any sudden changes in pressure or temperature then a small amount of condensation may appear inside the watch. This small amount of condensation will almost always quickly disappear on itâ€™s own but if you experience persistent condensation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our genuine leather straps are more prone to deterioration and discoloration due to sunlight and moisture than our metal straps. Leather straps may break or fade due to mistreating so routine care is recommended. We recommend keeping our leather straps as dry and as clean as possible to prevent any possible failure. This means not wearing any of our watches with leather bands while bathing or swimming and taking care with any light colored straps as stains will be more visible. It is also highly likely that you will experience creasing and/or color change due to the natural characteristics of leather.
We stand behind everything we sell. All of our watches are guaranteed against any defects in materials and workmanship, under normal use, for 2 years after purchase. This guarantee does not cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accident. If you experience any defects with any of our products please refer to www.thisismoti.com/support for warranty exchange information.
Items not covered under our lifetime warranty:
- Watch case, glass or case back damage due to general wear and ageing of the product.
- Battery life.
- Strap damage/failure/staining due to wear and tear
- Damage caused by accidents or misuse.
- Defects as a result of tampering. Note: If you open up the watch case and donâ€™t properly close the case back and your piece suffers water damage then that will not be covered.